No picture available
- the night before, clean the turkey; wash, dip dry, then season well with pepper and salt (inside and outside). Fill the turkey with the cooked chestnuts, then close the bird and store in a cool place until the next day.
- prepare the BBQ, heat the coal (2 buckets)
- place the hot coals in the BBQ, in a way that the coal is lying in a ring around the rim of the BBQ (not coals in the middle, where the turkey will be placed).
- place a BBQ-pan under the turkey, where the fat will drip into. The fat should not drip into the coal and catch fire.
- open the BBQ every 20 minutes and lather in margarine (molten).
- for each kg turkey you need to allow 45 minutes of cooking (e.g. 6kg turkey = 4.5 hrs)
- season with salt and pepper once he turkey is almost ready cooked.
- serve with the chestnuts, red cabbage and baked potatoes
- 0 comments to this recipe. Log in to add a comment.